Email me at: email@example.com
Find me on LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/emmamcnic
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/emmamcnic
Add me on Skype: emma.mcnic
I am a proactive, friendly and organised account manager with three years of consolidated experience in various channels including digital marketing and corporate communications. I have client facing experience with adidas, Mars Drinks, Deutsche Post DHL, Vistaprint, SSP UK, Vodafone, Nestlé UK, The Co-operative, Tesco, ASDA, Barratt Homes & David Wilson Homes. My experience includes working knowledge of print and agency processes, in-store retail marketing and website project management.
- Client account management, managing day to day relationship with clients, attending meetings and writing reports
- Ensuring campaigns are delivered to a high standard, on time and to budget
- Managing project finances, raising job numbers, purchase orders, providing quotes and issuing invoices
- Communicating with creative and production teams, briefing artwork and concepts
- Proofreading copy and visuals
- Delivering creative for print and online projects
- Project management of website updates and email marketing
- Production of marketing materials – writing copy for products and promotions
- Pay-Per-Click, Search Engine Optimisation and Google Analytics
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin
August 2011 - present
theblueballroom is an internal communications agency in Surrey, helping organisations succeed through effective employee communication. theblueballroom work with national and international clients, through consultancy, design, copywriting, magazine and ezine production along with multimedia campaigns, social media, video, conferences and training.
Projects so far have included:
- Deutsche Post DHL – account management of adhoc projects, video production, image searching, collaboration, poster campaign, screensaver design, update to internal publications for selling purposes.
- Vistaprint – consultancy for CSR, account management of production of intranet, video production
- Mars Drinks – account management of video production, copywriting and design concepts
- adidas – account management of social intranet communications campaign, video, infographic, design concepts etc.
December 2010 – April 2011
Les Gets, France
Winter seasonnaire 2010/11 – Ski Host/Chalet Assistant
FLAG COMMUNICATION LTD
April 2010 – December 2010
Account Manager (maternity cover)
Flag is an integrated agency producing communications for corporate responsibility and reporting, branding and marketing and the public sector. Flag work with national and international brands from a wide range of industry sectors, as well as with the public sector and non-for-profit organisations.
Contract supporting Flag on account management of a variety of projects including:
- Vodafone – the project was to write and design an interactive eZine for Vodafone’s Code of Conduct for their employees
- Vodafone – assisted in account management of the 2009/10 CSR report
- The Co-operative – assisted in account management of the 2009/10 CSR report http://www.co-operative.coop/corporate/sustainability/Downloads/
- The Co-operative – account management from concept to delivery of 2 small summary reports from the 2009/10 CSR report
- Nestlé UK – account management of CSR materials, a summary report, factsheets, web content
- Deutsche Post DHL – assisted in account management of 2009/10 CSR report and set up of project for the 2010/11 CSR report http://www.dp-dhl.com/en/responsibility/general/downloads.html
Client account management: first point of contact for clients in order to brief the Flag team on client requirements
Responsible for managing the project schedule and allocating resources for day-to-day production needs
Ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget by tracking project spend
Delivering creative for print and online projects
Managing project finances, raising purchase orders and invoices
Working on multiple projects and assisting the team including coordinating production of materials, proofreading, tracking amends and briefing the studio
Providing cost estimates in response to tenders and assisting on proposals to win new projects
BARRATT HOMES & DAVID WILSON HOMES EASTERN COUNTIES,
December 2009 – February 2010
Marketing Assistant (temporary position)
Supporting the Marketing Manager for existing and new housing developments in the East of England.
Managing multiple projects including coordinating production of marketing materials, organising events, direct marketing campaigns and promotion of developments through press, radio advertising, direct marketing and online marketing such as Rightmove and email.
Liaising with printers and other agencies for the smooth delivery of signage, direct marketing, brochures and other marketing materials.
July 2009 to November 2009 (travelling)
PNI DIGITAL MEDIA INC,
May 2007 - July 2009
PNI Digital Media is an online and in-store digital media software provider for retailers.
Account management of some of the company’s UK client accounts – Tesco, Boots and ASDA.
Online and in-store marketing projects included:
- Tesco / ASDA / Boots – seasonal updates of product photography online and on in-store marketing such as leaflets, POS, advertising posters close to in-store photo labs.
- Tesco / ASDA – promotional screensavers on in-store kiosks to upsell or promote savings to products
- Tesco / ASDA – adding new products, briefing web and creative team, writing copy, proofreading copy
- Tesco – organising brand ambassadors to promote Photo within selected Tesco stores
Recommending and managing website updates, product and content management in terms of imagery choices and copy writing, working on online and in-store promotions, email marketing, and POS.
Pro-actively researching marketing methods to improve clients’ business through social media, monitoring competitors on a regular basis, in terms of price comparisons, promotions, and product offerings in the photo finishing industry.
Reporting regularly on defined key performance indicators with regards to sales and revenue, customer registrations, product purchases and orders, and promotions.
Coordinating Pay-Per-Click and Search Engine Optimisation through coordinating a pay-per-click campaign by liaising with an external agency on behalf of Tesco and Boots and reporting back to clients on progress.
Monitoring the progress of email and PPC campaigns to win new members and increase traffic to sites, using Google Analytics.
MARKETING CONTACTS LTD,
December 2006 - February 2007
Marketing Assistant (contract position)
GUARDIAN RESIDENTIAL SALES & LETTINGS LLP
December 2005 - October 2006
Sales & Lettings Administrator
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
BSc Management Sciences, 2:1,
University of Southampton
October 2002 – June 2005
Degree Study Included:
Marketing Analysis, Market Research Methods, Financial Accountancy, Management Accountancy, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Small Business Management, Organisations and Management, Project Management European Business Environment, Management Decisions etc.
Long Road Sixth Form College, Long Road, Cambridge, CB2 2PX
September 2000 to June 2002
A Level Business Studies, B
A Level History, B
A Level English Literature, C
AS Level General Studies, A
AS Level Mathematics, D
Hertfordshire and Essex High School, Warwick Road, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 5NJ.
September 1995 to June 2000
11 GCSEs, including English, Maths and Science, grades A* to B.